Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. US stock futures are mixed after tech stages biggest rally since November. See what markets are doing today.
2. Janet Yellen says the US Treasury is working to deliver relief aid quickly. She said Biden’s rescue plan could help avoid a key mistake made during the Great Recession.
3. GameStop stock surges 20% as retail investors pile into meme stocks again. The video-game retailer’s stock price has surged more than 450% in recent days.
4. Mark Mobius fears lower bitcoin prices could hit tech stocks ‘very badly.’ “The relationship between bitcoin prices and the tech market is very close,” he says.
5. US regulators consider rule changes for options trading and short-selling. After the GameStop frenzy, regulators are reviewing whether any vulnerabilities in the stock market need to be addressed.
6. The $1.9 trillion stimulus bill would pay parents for having kids. Biden wants a permanent child tax credit, which could revolutionize families’ relationship with the government.
7. Earnings expected. Oracle, Adidas, and Campbell Soup are highlights.
8. We spoke to the investing chief of a SPAC-focused ETF to find out the tricks of the trade. Julian Klymochko broke down the strategy he’s ‘aggressively’ using to take advantage of the downturn in blank-check companies.
9. Bank of America thinks the trucking industry is perfectly positioned to benefit from the upcoming economic boom. The firm names 5 trucking stocks to buy now to take advantage.
10. Bank of America’s top US equity strategist told us her highest-conviction trade right now. Savita Subramanian also shares 3 reasons why the market’s favorite growth stocks still have more to fall as value is due to outperform.