10 DEFINITIONS OF MANAGEMENT BY EXPERTS
1. According to Dr. SP. Siagian in the book “Philosophy of Administration” Management can be defined as the ability or skill to obtain a result in the achievement of objectives through other people.
2. According to Prof. Dr. H. Arifin Rachman in the book “Fundamentals of Management Framework” is defined as : Events / activities, Process, ie, activity in a series of sequences, and Institutes / persons who perform the activity or process activity.
3. According to Ordway Tead adapted by Drs. HE. Rosyidi in the book “Organization and Management” defines the processes and activities of business execution lead and show the direction of implementation of tasks of an organization in achieving its intended purpose.
4. According to Mary Parker Follett, the art of management is as work done through other people.
5. According to James A.F. Stonner management is the process of planning, organizing, directing and monitoring the efforts of the members of the organization and the use of resources of other organizations in order to achieve organizational goals set.
6. According to Drs. Oey Liang Lee management is the art and science of organizing the planning, preparation, direction and control rather than human resources to achieve the goals set.
7. According to Terry R. Management is a unique process that consists of the actions of planning, organizing, and controlling performed to determine and achieve the goals that have been determined through the use of human resources and other resources.
8. According to Lawrence A. Appley, Management is the art of achieving the goal that is done through the efforts of others.
9. According to Koontz and Cyril O’Donnell Horold management is an attempt to achieve a certain goal through the activities of others.
10. According to Henry Fayol Mention five management functions, namely designing, organizing, commanding, mengordinasi, and control. While management functions are the basic elements that will always be there and embedded in the management process that will be used as a reference by managers in carrying out activities to achieve goals