Definition of Management
Management’s primary function is to get people to work together for the attainment of an organization’s goals and objectives.
Recognize the difference between traditional, team, and servant management.
- Management processes include planning, organizing, directing and controlling.
- An important aspect of management’s function is the allocation of finite resources.
- Resources can be human, financial, technological or natural.
- There are different management styles: Traditional, team, and servant.
- system: A whole composed of relationships among the members.
- resource: Something that one uses to achieve an objective. An examples of a resource could be a raw material or an employee.
Management: An Overview
Management is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Since organizations can be viewed as systems, management can also be defined as human action, including design, to